How to Apply
Schweitzer strives to provide a fun yet safe and organized place of employment for you. In order to accomplish this and eliminate surprises, we ask that all applicants read, understand and, in the event you are offered employment with us, comply with the following conditions of employment.
Transportation to and from work is the employee's responsibility.
In the winter season however, shuttle transportation is available for MOST shifts from the bottom of the mountain.
It is essential that you report to work on time. If you cannot report to work as scheduled, it is your responsibility to contact your supervisor prior to your shift using your supervisor's extension or direct number.
During the winter season, Schweitzer operates 7 days a week, weekends, holidays and nights. Weekends and holidays are our busiest times. The needs of our guests will determine your work schedule.
The normal winter season begins around Thanksgiving and ends in April. Snow conditions, business levels and operational requirements may affect staffing needs at any time of the season. We'll try to keep you working as long as possible, but layoffs could occur at certain times.
Schweitzer is not subject to overtime pay requirements as outlined in the Fair Labor Standards Act. However, overtime pay at the rate of one-and-a-half times your hourly rate will be paid for hours worked in a week exceeding 56 hours. We make every effort to keep your weekly work hours at 40 or under so you'll have more time to play, ski and enjoy your friends and family.
It is the goal of Schweitzer to retain alert, productive employees to protect our investment, reputation, profitability, product integrity and safe working environment. Therefore, Schweitzer has a reasonable-cause policy to test for the presence of drugs or alcohol in accordance with the provisions of Schweitzer's Substance Abuse Policy. Departments operating heavy equipment require pre-employment drug screening.
A valid, insurable (by Schweitzer) driver's license is required for all positions which require the driving of Schweitzer vehicles.
Schweitzer reserves the right to conduct background checks, clerical and mathematical skills tests, driver's license checks, and/or pre-employment drug-screen tests for any and all applicable positions.
Our appearance policy (in part) requires that:
1. All employees are required to present a neat, clean, safe appearance on the job, whenever in uniform, and whenever representing Schweitzer.
2. Beards and mustaches are allowed; however they must be neatly trimmed and cannot be started during the operating season.
3. Piercings are limited to one on the face in the side nostril or eyebrow, none in the mouth area, and none over ½ ” in diameter.
4. Ear piercings are limited and must not present a safety hazard (e.g., big hoops, etc.)
5. Tattoos: For restrictions regarding tattoos, please ask your supervisor about departmental policies. Tattoos that may be offensive may not be visible at any time.
6. Uniforms and nametags should be worn on the job at all times. It is the employee's responsibility to keep the uniform neat and clean.