Schweitzer Snowshoe Stampede Race
Saturday February 02, 2013
The Snowshoe Stampede is back at Schweitzer on February 2nd and this year we are adding to the event with a new snow bike race! The snowshoe racers will compete first and once they are done, we will send out the snow bike competitors for their race (conditions permitting).
DATE: February 2nd, 2013
Snowshoe Race 2pm
Snow Bike Race 3pm
REGISTRATION At the Hermit’s Hollow tubing center yurt
DISTANCES 3mile or 5mile (competitor’s choice)
$10 Entry Fee
$10 Trail Pass (If you don’t already have a Nordic season pass)
SCHWEITZER SNOW BIKE TRAIL PROTOCOLINFORMATION Contact the Activity Center at 208-255-3081
- Trail access is dependent on conditions. Please check the daily grooming report after 9:00 AM for detailed trail access information.
- Bikes will be allowed after 11:00 AM weekdays and after 1:00 PM on weekends and holidays.
- All riders need to check in at the Ski and Ride Center and receive a bike trail pass that confirms they have read and understand the protocol.
- All riders must have a daily trail pass OR a Nordic Season Pass.
- Purpose built snow bikes only! Both tires must be wider than 3.7” and tire pressure must be less than 10 psi, no exceptions!
- Bikes yield to all other users. Stay to the right side of the trail at all times, stay out of the classic ski track and give skaters a wide berth.
- Please stay off trail when there is more than 3” of new snow.
- If you are leaving a rut deeper than an inch, having a hard time riding in a straight line, or pushing your bike, the snow is too soft and you absolutely should not be biking on the trail.
- The success of this program relies on you being an ambassador for the sport – be polite, educate other bikers, discourage bad behavior, follow the rules, and have a great time.