August 9, 2020 7:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Huckleberry Color Fun Run & Walk
** Due to lack of interest (zero pre-registrations), Huckleberry Color Fun Run & Walk has been cancelled for this year. **
The Huckleberry Color Fun Run & Walk is a great way to start your day! Run or walk through the forest and get covered with color tossed by the forest urchins. This is a great family event and participants can choose the 2.5K or 5K course. All participants will receive a custom Multi-Use Bandana/face covering, sunglasses, powder pack for the color toss, and a complimentary lift ticket for after the run (valid August 9th only).
Early Bird Registration (by July 26th)
$30 Adults, $27 Juniors*
Late Registration (By August 7th)
$35 Adults, $32 Juniors*
$40 Adults, $37 Juniors (Available only if space allows)
*Juniors are 12 and under. Kids 6 and under are free to accompany parents but do not receive any of the Color Run benefits Including bandana, or glasses. Please keep in mind that the terrain this route follows is variable and not stroller friendly.
** Due to COVID-19, Please respect social distancing guidelines for your fellow runners throughout the event. The start will be staged in heats to allow for proper spacing of participants and allow us to make things as colorful as possible. For more details, see our COVID health & safety page. **
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have chosen to make several proactive changes.
- We have elected to gift multi use bandanas that can be used as face coverings instead of T-shirts as our commemorative gift.
- Sadly, we have removed the Huckleberry hotdog lunch to minimize crowding and potential transmission on common surfaces. (Registration fees have decreased to reflect this change. There will still be options for lunch at Chimney Rock, Gourmandie, and the Sky House (with your complimentary lift ticket)
- Our start process has always been staggered , but will be even more so this year to provide space for social distancing.
- We will not have water at each color station as we have in the past. Please come prepared with your own pre-filled water bottle or hydration system.
- End of run color tosses will be socially distanced and will require the use of face covering.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
7:30am - 9:45am - Packet pick up at the tennis court
10am The Color Run Begins!
10:45-11:30 Color tosses in the village
We will have several color zones along the trails and a color toss at the end. The colors are basically cornstarch with color dyes and are 100% biodegradable. While we will give you sunglasses, and the multi use bandana can be warn to cover your mouth in the color zones if you are particularly sensitive. Consider bringing your own white shirt for fun!
Stay with us for the weekend and enjoy a great family getaway!