Schweitzer Utility Company
Schweitzer Utility Company is pleased to provide water, sewer, cable & internet services as well as road plowing and maintenance to local residents on the mountain.
IF YOU NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE FROM MUC, PLEASE USE THE "REPORT TROUBLE" FORM BELOW.
MUC personnel and contact information:
Utility Company President:
Tom Trulock – Office: (Direct) 208-255-3046, (Int. ext.) 2231
Administrative Assistant / Accounting / Cable TV & Internet Service:
Beate Clark – Office: (Direct) 208-255-3042, (Int. ext.) 2217
Intertech (Internet Troubleshooting) – 1-800-282-4650
Tim Ward – (Int. ext.) 2235
Bob Lesniewski – Office: (Direct) 208-255-3045, (Int. ext.) 2261
Shawn Jacobs (aka “Chief”) – (Int. ext.) 2261
Ben Pyorala - (Int. ext.) 2261
|MUC TV Subscriber||$65/mo||$75/mo||$90/mo||$100/mo|
|Non-MUC TV Subcriber||$75/mo||$85/mo||$95/mo||$105/mo|
Note that we are no longer offering 1mbps. Those customers that have 1mbps will be upgraded to the 1.5mbps service and monthly rate. Please call us if you would like to upgrade to a higher level.
In addition, we are now offering a business plan at 10mbps with a static IP. Cost for this will be $130 per month. Please call for details.
- There is a $60 hook up fee for new service which covers up to an hour of Tech labor. Returning accounts will be charged a $50 hook up if we need to send a Tech to your site. If you keep your modem on site and we can reactivate it remotely there is no fee.
- Modem is included with a $50 damage deposit required at the beginning of service. Deposit is fully refundable with the return of the undamaged modem and associated cords if you decide to discontinue service with us.
- Minimum service activation for either cable TV or internet is 6 months. Early termination will require payment of term balance or $100, whichever is greater.
- Regular Cable TV Access Fee is $49.99/month for 50 channels. Our premium service includes a set top box with over 200 digital and HD channels. This tier is $65/month plus $10/month per box (box required for each TV that has this tier of service).
- Please contact either Beate Clark (208-255-3042) or Tom Trulock with any questions you may have and to upgrade your service or start a new account.
If you are experiencing a problem with our cable or internet please contact us. If we’re not aware, we can’t fix it! The best way to contact us with a service problem or for information is to use the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . This site is checked daily by our staff and ensures a timely response to your issue.
Thank you for allowing us to serve you!
MOUNTAIN UTILITY COMPANY SERVICES
Schweitzer Utility Company LLC (DBA Mountain Utility Company or MUC) is pleased to provide water, sewer, cable and internet services to the community as well as snow removal service for the Resort and members of the Schweitzer Community.
The MUC drinking water system (Resort Water Company Inc. or RWC) is one of three water companies serving the Schweitzer Community. RWC serves Schweitzer Mountain Resort and Village as well as the Crystal Springs subdivision, The Ridge, and residences on Northwest Passage down to the Schweitzer Vehicle Maintenance Shop. We also provide water to the Sky House on top of the mountain.
The water system is supplied by three ground water wells located near the Terrain Park that pump to one of three reservoirs for treatment before distribution. Total storage capacity is 300,000 gallons. Water is also pumped from the treatment reservoir to the Sky House (1225 vertical feet). An intermediate booster station is utilized to achieve this. There is a 19,000 gallon storage reservoir at Sky House that supplies drinking water and fire protection for the building.
MUC provides sewer service to the entire Schweitzer Community. There are no other sewer service providers. Waste water is collected and stored in two lagoons totaling 12 million gallons of storage where it undergoes preliminary aeration treatment before being distributed to drip irrigation areas on 63 forested acres of land. This is the largest system of its kind in the state.
Cable & Internet
MUC offers access to private cable TV (choice between Analog TV or Digital HDTV) and internet service to the entire resort and portions of the Schweitzer Community.
View the 2017 Analog TV Channel Guide here.
Primarily a winter snow removal function, we maintain Schweitzer Mountain’s parking lots and travel routes as well as some residences in the community. Schweitzer Mountain Road is maintained by the Independent Highway District. The side (or sub) road snow removal is provided by private contractor retained by the Selkirk Recreation District which is a taxing district in the Schweitzer Community whose mandate is providing additional recreational opportunities and access.
We do pay attention to the drainage systems in the community as well as road damage issues so if you spot a problem feel free to contact us and we’ll address the issue first hand or engage the appropriate entity to respond.