Schweitzer Mountain Resort Policies
A Few Dos & Don'ts
Schweitzer Mountain Resort is located on private property (not public land, forest service, etc) so please be respectful of our policies and rules. Thank you!
Guest Services Policy Links:
- Resort Fee Info
- Season Pass Protection Policy
- eTicket Policy
- RV Parking Policies
- Parking Pass Info
- ATV Parking Permit Info
- Locker Info
Motorized Vehicle Access:
- Motor vehicles (including ATVs & motorcycles) are not permitted on Schweitzer property other than on established public roadways and parking areas. Limited access may be granted with prior authorization.
- Powered Mobility-Assist devices such as powered wheelchairs are permitted in Schweitzer Village and facilities. Please contact Schweitzer with any questions about disabled access.
Uphill Travel Policy:
For your safety and to avoid disruption in our ability to safely open and operate the mountain, uphill travel is prohibited (except on Nordic trails).
Hazards include: Avalanches and explosives work, on-snow equipment, winch lines and unmarked obstacles.
Schweitzer is private property. Valid lift ticket/pass is required at all times. Violators may be prosecuted and/or trespassed for up to 1 year. Thank you for your cooperation!
Canadian Cash at Par:
Schweitzer accepts Canadian cash at par at most Schweitzer owned outlets - some restrictions apply. Guests can use Canadian cash in person (no Canadian change will be accepted) for lift tickets, rentals, retail, food & beverage, lessons, and summer activities.
- Canadian guests, with valid proof of current Canadian residency, can purchase their season pass in person with Canadian cash at par.
- Using a credit card for any purchases (in person or online), will be processed in US funds. No refund to purchases made via credit card in US funds will be issued or adjusted. Some booking require deposits, which must be made on a credit card, and will be in US funds.
- Canadian cash at par cannot be used to purchase gift cards, liquor in The Market and there are limitations on lodging. Please bring smaller bills to use on the resort. You will be given Canadian cash as change. This policy applies to Schweitzer operated outlets only, please check with non-Schweitzer operated outlets for their policies concerning Canadian cash at par.
Horses/ Pack Animals:
Horses or other pack animals are not permitted on Schweitzer property, including the village and trail system. A horseback riding concessionaire has exclusive access to designated trails on our trail network. Other private access via horse or pack animal is prohibited.
Trained service animals are welcome in most locations throughout Schweitzer Mountain Resort (SMR). Guests who use service animals must retain control of their animals at all times and should keep them on a leash or harness while visiting. SMR Employees are not permitted to take control of service animals.
Service animals are restricted from the following locations:
- All ski slopes (including Terrain Parks)
- Tubing Hill
- Zip line
- Climbing Wall
** Please note that all dogs are supposed to be on a leash at all times and are not permitted beyond the clock tower. **
For the safety and comfort of all our guests, Schweitzer Mountain Resort prohibits the carrying of firearms while on Schweitzer’s premises, with the exception of active on-duty law enforcement officers.
Overnight camping is permitted with permission in designated parking areas only. Camping must be in a fully self-contained RV only. RV campers must obtain an overnight RV pass from the Guest Services department. No tent camping is permitted on Schweitzer property.
Schweitzer is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of its digital properties for people with disabilities. Schweitzer is in the process of implementing the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) as its web accessibility standard. Our websites will be tested on a periodic basis with assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers and with users with disabilities who use these technologies.
Wood or charcoal campfires/grills are not permitted on Schweitzer property except during winter operations, and then only in association with authorized RV camping. Schweitzer reserves the right to use campfires as part of special events or activities at any time in accordance with state and federal fire restrictions.
Hunting is not permitted on Schweitzer’s land/premises.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), commonly referred to as drones, are not permitted without prior authorization from the Mountain Operations and Marketing Directors.
Landing private aircraft on Schweitzer’s property is prohibited without prior authorization from the Mountain Operations Director.
Hang Gliding, paragliding, or similar activities (launching or landing) are not permitted on Schweitzer’s premises.
Firewood gathering/ Cutting of trees or brush:
Cutting of any trees, brush, or logs for any reason, including firewood gathering, is prohibited on Schweitzer property without prior permission from the Mountain Operations Director.
We welcome huckleberry picking on Schweitzer property, but the use of commercial pickers, rakes, etc is not permitted. Huckleberry picking on Schweitzer property is for personal use only, not to be resold. If you are caught using rakes, damaging bushes, etc you will be asked to leave the property and potentially be trespassed for the future.
Thank you for your cooperation!