Please watch this video then answer the questions below. To purchase a park pass you must complete the following quiz to make sure you understand your rights and responsibilities as a park pass holder. After passing you will be given the option to either pay now or to get a certificate that shows you passed the test so that you may pay at the resort.
- Freestyle terrain is represented by this symbol. It can be found at the entrances to all our parks and on the trail map to identify where freestyle terrain can be found.
Blue SquareDouble black diamondOrange ovalBlack diamond
- The five primary points of Park Smart are Start Small, Make a plan, Always Look, Respect, and Take it Easy.
- Make a plan means deciding ahead of time which features you want to use and how you want to use them because your speed, approach, and takeoff will directly affect your maneuver and landing.
- Always Look means:
Check out the park from the chair lift so you don’t have to waste a run familiarizing yourself with the individual features.Check out each feature you want to use before using it, know your landings are clear, and understand that features and conditions change from day to day and throughout the day.Making sure the red light is on so your buddy doesn't miss your banger shot shattering all hope of going pro by the end of the season.
- To Take it Easy, you must ski/ride within your ability, start small and work your way up, and never attempt features without sufficient skill and ability to do so safely.
- Respect applies in designated terrain parks as well as across the entire mountain, and when implemented correctly, can earn you respect in return.
- ATML breaks down the components of hitting a jump and stands for Approach, Takeoff, Maneuver, and Landing.
- When should you duck a rope?
Never.When it’s too high to jump over.When no one is watching (FYI, we're always watching).When I'm too cool to get a Park Pass and the Mountain Host won't let me in.
- Ducking ropes could cause me to:
Lose my pass.Get buried in an avalanche.Have to hike back out from a closed lift.All of the above.
- It is important for users of all our parks to follow Park Smart, and the information and video is available on the Terrain Park page of Schweitzer’s website.
- While riding the park or anywhere else on the mountain, you should never:
Stop where you can’t be seen from above such as in the landing of a jump or below a rollover.Ride in a closed area.Speed through slow zones.All of the above.
Thank you for contacting us!
Our group will review and follow up within 72 hours.
Thanks for your interest!