Hosted Snowshoe Hikes
Explore Schweitzer at a Different Pace
Hosted snowshoe hikes are a great way to experience Schweitzer with three different styles of hikes to choose from. The best thing is that all of them include spectacular views as you trek along with our Activities staff.
- * The Hermit’s Hollow hike takes us through majestic old growth forests with great views from points along the trail system.
- * The Summit hike includes a lift ride to the summit with views of three mountain ranges and two countries. The summit hike includes the option of concluding on the summit so you can remain to enjoy lunch on your own at the new Sky House Lodge.
- * The Moonlight hike takes you on a walk through the forest with a fabulous sunset, then the moon to light your way back. At the end you can warm up at Gourmandie with a cup of soup and some warm bread.
10am every Saturday and Sunday, plus additional holiday days for Hermit’s Hollow and summit hikes. Moonlight hikes leave at 4pm on select dates.
- * Hosted hike through Hermit’s Hollow $25 (includes trail fee and snowshoe rentals)
- * Hosted hike on the summit $25 (includes a chairlift ride and snowshoe rentals)
- * Hosted moonlight hike $45 (includes trail fee, snowshoe rental, snacks, headlamp rental, warm food at Gourmandie, and a surprise event along the hike)
Need more details? Call 208-255-3081 for more info!
On Your Own
Our snowshoe trails are open during normal operation everyday of the season – weather permitting.
Head out into Hermit’s Hollow designated snowshoe trails through the old growth forest and up to Picnic Point or out on to the Nordic Trails (be sure to stay to the side of the trials at all times and please do not walk on the cross country tracks).
Trail fees are $17 for adults and $14 for juniors. Snowshoe rental packages are available for $20 or $15 for snowshoes only at the Ski & Ride Center.