Hosted Snowshoe Hikes
Explore Schweitzer at a Different Pace
Hosted snowshoe hikes are a great way to experience Schweitzer with three different styles of hikes to choose from. The best thing is that all of them include spectacular views as you trek along with our Activities staff.
- The Hermit’s Hollow Hike takes you through majestic old growth forests with great views from points along the trail system.
- The Summit Hike includes a lift ride to the summit with views of three mountain ranges and two countries. The summit hike includes the option of concluding on the summit so you can remain to enjoy lunch on your own at Sky House. (Conditions may prevent a Summit Hike, in which case a Hermit's Hollow Hike will be offered)
- The Moonlight Hike takes you on a walk through the forest with a fabulous sunset, then the moon to light your way back. At the end you can warm up at Chimney Rock with a cup of soup and a hot drink.
Sign your 2023/24 Winter Liability Waiver before your hike.
Dates: Friday-Sunday from December 16, 2023 - March 31, 2024 + additional dates between December 18-30, 2024 (see schedule below)
Hours: Hermit’s Hollow and Summit Hikes depart at 10:00am, Moonlight Hikes leave at 4:00pm
- Hosted hike through Hermit’s Hollow $30 per person (includes trail fee and snowshoe rentals)
- Hosted Summit Hike $30 per person (includes a chairlift ride and snowshoe rentals)
- Hosted Moonlight Hike $55 (includes trail fee, snowshoe rental, snacks, headlamp rental, warm food, and a surprise event along the hike)
- Private Snowshoe Hike $55 per hiker. Reservations must be made 48 hours in advance through the Activity Center.
Need more details? Contact the Activity Center, located in the lower level of Humbird by calling 208-255-3081 or emailing email@example.com.
Snowshoe On Your Own
Our snowshoe trails are open during normal operation everyday of the season – weather permitting.
Head out into Hermit’s Hollow designated snowshoe trails through the old growth forest and up to Picnic Point or out on to the Nordic Trails (be sure to stay to the side of the trials at all times and please do not walk on the cross country tracks).
Trail fees are $20 for adults and $15 for juniors. Snowshoe rental packages are available for $25 or $20 for snowshoes only at the Ski & Ride Center.