Skiing Skills for Life
If you have already signed up but still need to complete your paperwork click here: web form
SPRING NICE TURNS - See sessions starting March below.
Stuck in a rut? Don't feel comfortable with your new equipment? Nice Turns will take your skiing to the next level!
This adult-oriented program builds on a foundation, teaching basic skills, and integrating more complex skills. Each group in the program meets one day a week for three hours. Online sales will be available soon, but you can start by registering with the link below /to tell us what level you are and which group you are interested in. Each class must have a minimum of three people in order to happen. Class sizes are 6 people, maximum.
* 4 week session: $225
* Ages 18+
- Level 5: Able to ski all Green Runs in most snow conditions and wishes to ski groomed Blue Runs. The goal is to make parallel turns on all Blue Runs and to begin skiing variable conditions such as light powder on easy terrain. (Musical Chairs, Midway, Vagabond for starters)
- Level 7: Able to ski groomed Blue Runs by linking parallel turns in the fall line without the need for traversing. The goal is to ski groomed Black Runs with linked parallel turns with an introduction to mild variable conditions such as light powder and crud, off-trail and carving techniques. (Loop Hole, Cathedral Aisle, Ridge Run for starters)
- Level 9: Able to ski all Black Runs in favorable snow conditions by linking parallel turns in the fall line without the need for traversing. The goal is to efficiently ski ungroomed and off trail Black Runs with linked turns and an introduction to moderate bumps, double black steeps and trees. (Pend Oreille, Jacks Dream, Quicksilver for starters)
- Level 9+: Able to ski all runs in favorable snow conditions by linking dynamic parallel turns in the fall line at moderate to advanced speed without the need for traversing. The goal is to efficiently and consistently ski all snow and terrain conditions including steeps, chutes, bumps, trees, crud and deep powder. This class is for advanced skiers in excellent physical condition. (Stiles, B Chute, Headwall, Debbie Sue for starters)
2022/23 Spring Nice Turns Clinic Options:
If you do not have a group, register below with the "web form", then we will contact you. If you have formed a group and want a specific day or coach we can accommodate, please contact the Ski & Ride Center.
- Tuesdays - Starting March 7
9:00-12:00: Level 9 with Shawna Kennaly
- Tuesdays - Starting March 7
9:00-12:00: Level 9+ with Kurt Barbiari
- Thursdays - Starting March 9
9:00-12:00: Level 5 with Tina Sundquist
- Fridays - Starting March 10
9:00-12:00: Level 8 with Cheryl Crandall-Williams
Additional Clinics may be added. Check back here, or for more info call 208.255.3070, or fill out web form with requests in the comment section.
Registration is a two-part process.
You need to register ahead of time and let us know what timeslot you would like. Then you need to sign a waiver and pay.
Onsite: Please go to the Ski & Ride Center (Guest Services in the Lakeview Lodge prior to opening) to sign up and pay for your spot.
Online: Pay online and fill out this web form to select your level and group.