Lending a Hand
Schweitzer Mountain Resort takes pride in our support of nonprofit organizations and schools both locally and across the region. For those who are requesting support form Schweitzer, we have specific guidelines of what we give:
- We prefer to donate to live or silent auctions and do not donate to raffles or giveaways.
- Our donations include product such as lift tickets or gift baskets.
- We seldom donate season passes and cannot donate lodging.
- We do not make cash donations unless we are closely involved with the organization. All cash donations are determined annually during our budget process.
Due to our high volume of donation requests we give priority to:
- Local Sandpoint non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Local Sandpoint schools and youth organizations.
- Clubs, organizations, and businesses with whom we regularly do business and who support Schweitzer.
- The money being raised goes to an effort that would otherwise not be funded.
- The event and beneficiary must reside in our primary destination market area. The local market is given priority, but requests from our non-local destination market will be considered on a case by case basis.
So that we can carefully evaluate each request and ensure a wide reach through the community, we work within the following parameters:
- We need a minimum of 30 days to review and process your request.
- We limit donations for each organization to one per year.
- We accept online applications only.
- Our decisions to grant or decline the donation request will be distributed via email.
If you meet the above qualifications please: