2021 Chairs for Charity
Schweitzer is proud to support the local community by reintroducing the "Chairs for Charity" program thus summer. The program has raised over $174K for a variety of local non-profit organizations in the greater Sandpoint area during the first round in 2019. This round of fundraising will have 40 chairs available, each set with a donation amount of $2000. When a person or an organization decides to acquire a chair, they will write a check directly to a pre-approved local 501(c)(3) organization. Schweitzer will then gift the chair to the donor, and they can do as they wish with the chair. For more details or to sign up, please visit our Eventbrite page for Chairs for Charity.
Lending a Hand
Schweitzer Mountain Resort takes pride in our support of nonprofit organizations and schools both locally and across the region. For those who are requesting support form Schweitzer, we have specific guidelines of what we give:
- We prefer to donate to live or silent auctions and do not donate to raffles or giveaways.
- Our donations include product such as lift tickets or gift baskets.
- We seldom donate season passes and cannot donate lodging.
- We do not make cash donations unless we are closely involved with the organization. All cash donations are determined annually during our budget process.
Due to our high volume of donation requests we give priority to:
- Local Sandpoint non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Local Sandpoint schools and youth organizations.
- Clubs, organizations, and businesses with whom we regularly do business and who support Schweitzer.
- The money being raised goes to an effort that would otherwise not be funded.
- The event and beneficiary must reside in our primary destination market area. The local market is given priority, but requests from our non-local destination market will be considered on a case by case basis.
So that we can carefully evaluate each request and ensure a wide reach through the community, we work within the following parameters:
- We need a minimum of 30 days to review and process your request.
- We limit donations for each organization to one per year.
- We accept online applications only.
- Our decisions to grant or decline the donation request will be distributed via email.
If you meet the above qualifications please: