Schweitzer Mountain Donations Criteria
Requesting a Donation from Schweitzer Mountain Resort
Schweitzer Mountain Resort takes pride in our support of nonprofit organizations and schools both locally and across the region. For those who are requesting support form Schweitzer, we have specific guidelines of what we give:
- We prefer to donate to live or silent auctions and do not donate to raffles or giveaways.
- Our donations include product such as lift tickets or gift baskets.
- We seldom donate season passes and cannot donate lodging.
- We do not make cash donations unless we are closely involved with the organization. All cash donations are determined annually during our budget process.
Due to our high volume of donation requests we give priority to:
- Local Sandpoint non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Local Sandpoint schools and youth organizations.
- Clubs, organizations, and businesses with whom we regularly do business and who support Schweitzer.
- The money being raised goes to an effort that would otherwise not be funded.
- The event and beneficiary must reside in our primary destination market area. The local market is given priority, but requests from our non-local destination market will be considered on a case by case basis.
So that we can carefully evaluate each request and ensure a wide reach through the community, we work within the following parameters:
- We need a minimum of 30 days to review and process your request.
- We limit donations for each organization to one per year.
- Our decisions to grant or decline the donation request will be distributed via email.
If you meet the above qualifications please:
"CHAIRS FOR CHARITY"
With the planned Snow Ghost chairlift replacement project scheduled to start this summer, Schweitzer Mountain Resort decided that the best thing to do with the old double-seat chairs is lift up local charities.
Starting April 1, 2019, interested persons and/or organizations were able to submit a request to acquire a chair via Eventbrite for a donation amount of $2000. That money (in form of a check) will be given directly to a pre-approved local 501(c)(3) organization. Then, Schweitzer will gift the chair to the donor and they can do as they wish with the chair.
** As of May 6, 2019, we have exceeded our allocation for chairs for this year but will continue to maintain a wait list for anyone who is interesting in participating in this program in the future. **
Thank you for supporting our local community!
For more details, read the full press release here. Please see the Eventbrite site for more details.