Schweitzer Mountain Donations Criteria
"CHAIRS FOR CHARITY"
With the planned Snow Ghost chairlift replacement project scheduled to start this summer, Schweitzer Mountain Resort has decided that the best thing to do with the old double-seat chairs is lift up local charities.
Starting April 1, 2019, interested persons and/or organizations can submit a request to acquire a chair via Eventbrite for a donation amount of $2000. That money (in form of a check) will be given directly to a pre-approved local 501(c)(3) organization. Then, Schweitzer will gift the chair to the donor and they can do as they wish with the chair.
For more details, read the full press release here. Please see the Eventbrite site for more details.
Thank you for supporting our local community!
Requesting a Donation from Schweitzer Mountain Resort
Due to our high volume of donation requests we have specific guidelines for those who are requesting support from Schweitzer for a donation. Local 501 (c) (3) organizations will be given priority. Our decisions to grant or decline the donation request will be distributed via email. We need a minimum of 30 days to process your request. We limit donations to one per year per organization.
We prefer silent or live auctions over raffles or giveaways.
We rarely donate product for give-aways. Our donations include product donations from lift tickets to gift baskets. We seldom donate season passes and rarely donate lodging. We do not make cash donations unless we are closely involved with the organization. All cash donations are determined annually during our budget process.
During our decision process, priority will be given to:
- Non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Local schools and youth organizations.
- Clubs, organizations, and businesses with whom we regularly do business and who support Schweitzer.
- The money being raised goes to an effort that would otherwise not be funded.
- The event and beneficiary must reside in our primary destination market area: the areas from Bonners Ferry to Spokane, including the area of Seattle with special interests.
If you meet the above qualifications please: