Kids Lessons and Camps
Ski 4 FREE in 3 Beginner Package
This program is truly designed to be quick and easy. Our progressive curriculum focuses on the basic skills you need to get down the mountain safely, at your own pace. Featuring Rossignol ski and snowboard equipment, the Ski 4 FREE in 3 ski or board package includes three days of instruction, equipment rentals and lift tickets. Sign up for the Ski 4 FREE in 3 package and start having fun on the slopes.
- $165 (includes 3 lessons of 1-2 hours, 3 lift tickets (First 2 tickets are lower lift, third is all mountain), and rentals)
- Days do not have to be consecutive
- Group Lessons start at 10:00am & 1:00pm daily
- Ages: 4+ skiers - 7+ snowboarders
- Added BONUS - Finish the 3-step program and you get to ski or ride FREE in the Spring (dates TBD) with our Grad Card! Even better, if you Bring-a-Friend and both sign up for Ski 4 FREE in 3, you'll each get a FREE lift ticket to use any time in the season.
For more info contact us at 208-255-3070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kids Group Lessons
ages 4-12 skiers & 7-12 snowboarders
If you're 4 to 12 years old and want to have more fun on the mountain, this is the spot for you! We meet in the morning and the adventures never end. Please arrive by 9 am to check-in. Skiers and boarders of all ability levels are welcome. Register at the Ski & Ride Center or if you would like day care options please register at KinderKamp in the Children's Center downstairs level of The Lakeview Lodge.
The half day option is a 2 hour lesson beginning at 10am or 1pm. Tickets, rentals and a supervised lunch can also be added.
- $49 half day lesson only (available 7 days/week)
- $64 half day lesson and lift ticket (no charge for 6 & under lift ticket / available 7 days/week)
- $79 half day lesson, lift ticket and rentals ($64 for 6 & under / available 7 days/week)
- Buy a 10 Lesson Punch Card at the discounted rate of $440! (Does not include lift tickets or rentals. Valid for Kids Groups Lessons only. )
The full day option from 10am to 3pm is available on weekends & holidays. Includes lessons from 10am-Noon, a break for lunch (meal included) from Noon-1pm and then lessons from 1-3pm.
- $84 full day lesson only (available on weekends and holidays)
- $99 full day lesson and lift ticket ($84 for 6 & under / available on weekends and holidays)
- $114 full day lesson, lift ticket and rentals ($99 for 6 & under, available on weekends and holidays)
- Considering two group lessons for your 4-6 year old? Get 2 lessons, a full day of child card, lunch, and indoor fun with our KinderKamp Package Below!
Skiing and Daycare Package for ages 4-6
Part ski camp, part adventure camp, the Children's Center offers an all day interactive experience. Our team of professional instructors combine ski lessons with a timely, indoor recreation break where the kids get to play, create art, and relax in our licensed daycare. It's a great way for parents to enjoy the mountain - knowing everyone is having fun.
- $105 full-day (includes TWO lessons per day and lunch!) Add rentals for only $20 more.
- Season Pass: $1625 includes child care all season, daily lessons (up to 40 total for the season,) lunch, 2 snacks and a season lift pass for the entire season.
Ski rentals are available at the Children's Center so please arrive early to get all set. Reservations are highly recommended. The KinderKamp Package includes kids younger than 4 but requires private lessons - call for pricing.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS AND OTHER PROGRAMS, OR TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION, CALL 208.255.3038 OR EMAIL email@example.com.
The whole family can register at the Ski & Ride Center for lessons & rentals. If you would like daycare options as well please register at the Children's Center downstairs in the Lakeview Lodge.
- $75 private lesson (1 hour) for any age up to 6 years old.
- For children 7 years old and older, please see our adult private lesson information.
Other lesson times and rates are available. Call for details 208.255.3070
Taking a group or private lesson? Print out the release form ahead of time to save time! Just bring it with you to the Ski & Ride Center when you get to Schweitzer! 2017/18 Snowsports School Release Form
MULTI Day/WEEK PROGRAMS
Mountain Xplorers (ages 5-9) Multi-Day Program
Mountain Xplorers is a flexible, multi-week program for one child that includes coaching, a season pass, public race course privileges, and gear check. Sessions are available weekends and Holidays. Mountain Xplorers is recommended for kids who are skiing mostly parallel on easy blue runs and have advanced beyond green terrain most of the time.
Valid every weekend from 12/23/17 - 3/25/18; plus the Christmas Holiday 12/23/17 - 1/7/18, MLK Jr. Day 1/15/18, and President’s Day 2/19/18.
- $499 package for ages 5-6
- $599 package for ages 7-9 when purchased before May 31st (starting June 1 $639 and starting Nov. 1 $699)
Morning Session 9:30 - 12:00
Afternoon Session 1:00 – 3:00
Mountain Xplorer coaches are specially selected for their knowledge and enthusiasm for coaching kids! Your child will ski with a similar pool of coaches and kids each time, giving them more consistency with each lesson. This program is an opportunity for your child to experience the whole mountain environment! Prepare to Xplore!
If you've already signed your child up for Mountain xplorers but need to complete the registration process, you can do that online here!
Prefer snail mail? Download, print and mail the Mtn Xplorers Registration and Release Form
Funatics (ages 7-14) 8 Week Program
Keep your kids fired up about skiing. Get them connected with a group of skiers of similar ability and spend eight weeks exploring all the mountain has to offer. The group and their coach stay together for the entire program to maximize the fun AND the learning.
Funatics is an 8 week program for skiers and snowboarders ages 7-14. Snowboard Funatics is offered on Saturdays only. Ski Funatics is offered Saturday or Sunday. The Funatics package includes a Junior Season Pass, Gear check, Schweitzer bus pass and public race course privileges. Lessons go from 9:30am - 3:30pm. Program starts January 6 & 7 with no classes on Presidents Weekend.
- Saturdays $499 - when purchased before May 31 (starting June 1 $539 and starting Nov. 1 $599)
- Sundays $459 - when purchased before May 31 (starting June 1 $499 and starting Nov. 1 $559)
- Preregistration required, there is a $50 Late registration fee for signups after December 15.
- A registration form must be filled out by Nov. 15 so we can form groups with instructors and levels.
IF YOU'VE ALREADY SIGNED YOUR CHILD UP for Funatics BUT NEED TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, YOU CAN DO THAT Online here!
Prefer snail mail? Download, print and mail the Funatics Registration and Release Form
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SIGN UP, PLEASE CALL US AT 208-255-3070, EMAIL LESSONS@SCHWEITZER.COM OR STOP BY THE SKI & RIDE CENTER.
Is Funatics or Mountain Xplorers better for your child?
For more information on these and other programs, or to make your reservation, call 208.255.3070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apprentice Instructor Program (ages 13-17)
The perfect program for kids who are graduating out of Funatics. This 8 week program combines clinics on instructing techniques with real life lesson shadows. Participants need to be solid intermediate level skiers. This year it is only available for skiers, but we may add a snowboard option in the future if there is interest.
- Saturdays 1:00 – 3:30
- January 6 - March 3 (no class Presidents Weekend)
- $275 including a season pass if purchased before Oct. 31! $375 after Oct. 31, 2017. ($175 without a pass)
- Intermediate+ skiers only
- Ages 13-17
- Pre-registration required by December 15. Late registration fees may apply if space is still available.
For more information or to sign up, please call us at 208-255-3070, email email@example.com or stop by the Ski & Ride Center.
Winter Break Ski Camp (ages 5-12)
Four days of fun with the same group and coach! Camp includes NASTAR, terrain parks, off groomed free skiing appropriate to skill level. Sign up with friends or meet new ones!
There are two sessions available and each session includes four consecutive days of coaching and activities. 9:30am – 3pm with a supervised lunch. (Lunch not included.) Winter Break Ski Camp is for skiers who are comfortable skiing at least easy intermediate slopes.
Cost is $175 per child, per session. Add lift tickets for only $100 more.
- December 26 -29, 2017
- January 2 - 5, 2018
For more details or to register, contact Ski & Ride at 208.255.3070